Monday, January 12, 2015

DIY Skater Skirt

Skater Skirt 

I was searching my mom's fabrics the other day, and I found this piece of fabric. 
This fabric is brighter than what I would usually use, but I thought why not. This is actually my first time actually accomplishing a skater skirt (circle skirt) and it turned out really goood. 
This picture was taken when I was about to start on my circle skirt. I was surprised that it didn't take me that long to make. It took about one hour to make because I wasn't sure if I was marking the measurements correctly. My mom helped me sew on the elastic band because I've never done it before. I said it was brighter than what I usually wear, but I quite like it. It has a dull brightness to it. Maybe it has a dullness to it because its from the thrift store, but I like it. Here are some pictures to how my skirt turned out!




Front view



Back view


Waist

The waist is kind of messed up, but it's okay!






  •  Some feedback would be appreciated! 

1 comment: