Saturday, January 17, 2015

Transformation: Dress to Crop Top

Boxy Dress To Boxy Crop Top

I found this blue floral dress at the Salvation Army during summer and wasn't sure what to do with it. At first, I thought I would some how get to work with my fashion, but I couldn't. It didn't appeal to my eyes whichever way I refashioned it. Soo, in the end, I told my mom to trim it so it would fit me. Here is a picture of the dress when I first got it (bad quality because it was taken on my phone):


The picture on the left is the dress originally and so is the right picture (above), but I just put a belt around my waist. Here are pictures of the dress after my mom fixed it (below):




Sorry for the different lightings but you get how it looks like. The arms were actually too tight, and although it looks nice (the cutout pattern is so so so sooo pretty), I would never wear this. So I changed it into a boxy crop top! At first, I was aiming for a regular boxy top, but I ended up not having enough fabric. I want to explain how I got to the finished look, but I should probably show you guys the finished look first.



Again sorry for the lighting! This is the finished look, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I wished I started this first and not trimming it to fit because there just wasn't enough fabric. The arm holes came out tight and it could have been a lot looser. So for the arms, I messed up and it got sewn on backwards. I was too lazy to seam rip the arms apart again and my mom said it looked good, so I just left it as it was. It's quite a twist to the shirt though. Not the norm I should say. I inserted a zipper (same zipper from original) to the back because this isn't a stretchy fabric.        This boxy crop top is cut out exactly as it's named. I cut a box for the body and a two boxes for the sleeves and sewed it together. Easy peasy! (not really) This was a great experience, and I hope I can do more of these fun transformations in the future! Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day/night (:

No comments:

Post a Comment