Tuesday, January 6, 2015

DIY Pleated Skirt

Pleated Skirt Made From a Thrifted Wrap Skirt

I went to Salvation Army a couple weeks ago and found a long wrap skirt. The pattern was perfect for what I had in mind. In my excitement, I totally forgot to take a before picture, so all I have is the outcome of the skirt I made. 



This is a box-pleated this skirt, and its not fully pleated because I thought I wouldn't have enough fabric. In the end, I had enough left over fabric to fully pleat my skirt, which left me really sad. This took roughly eight hours (not in one day of course) because I had to seam rip the skirt apart and it had a lot of layers. This was also my first attempt in making a pleated skirt, so it took longer then I expected. Pretty proud of myself for making this. My mom was a hugeeee help because she sews clothing and knows how to touch the sewing machine. (thank goodness she does) So a huge huge thank you to her.


For holding the skirt together, I simply added a zipper and clasp to the back and that worked pretty well!


  • Plus, I only got the skirt for a couple of dollars so I'm pretty happyy 

No comments:

Post a Comment